These are among the highest paying driver jobs in trucking today. Join the Zimmerman Truck Lines Flat Bed Division and be part of the team whose members earn an average gross pay of $65,000 per year. That equates to 60 cents per dispatched mile (loaded and empty)! There is a guaranteed $1,000 per week minimum if you are available for five days work. Your individual earnings are really up to you!
Here is a general outline of some of the pay and benefits you will receive as a driver in our Flatbed Division. We cannot explain all the details here, so be sure to ask your questions when applying in person and during your interview.
- A $3750 sign-on bonus. First third paid after two weeks in your own truck. Second third paid after six months and a clean driving record. Final third after 12 months with a clean driving record.
- Side-kit breakdown pay
- Detention pay & layover pay if applicable
- Extra pay for pick-ups & stop-offs
- Deadhead mileage pay
- Paid Holidays and Paid Personal Days
- Quarterly fuel economy bonus and safety bonus
- You may be able to stop at your home during the week if it is not out-of-route, but you should be home on weekends (unless traveling away from home).
- Main Travel Lanes – Illinois to New England and Mid-Atlantic to the southeast
- Kenworth T660 and Navistar ProStar tractors
We also provide a number of other company benefits at Zimmerman Truck lines.